There’s another video interview from Comic Con. Nothing new beside the beginning of the video since it’s the same table of the previous ones, but she’s always so cute!
Elizabeth Mitchell is used to playing mysterious characters, but camp director Deb on Dead of Summer seems like she could be hiding some especially deadly secrets. After prominent roles on genre shows like Lost, Mitchell knows a thing or two about mysteries that live in the woods. But is she really ready for the supernatural scares of Camp Stillwater?
We’ll soon be learning more about Deb in her flashback episode “The Dharma Bums,” (obviously a Lost refernce) but Elizabeth Mitchell spilled a bit about her character at San Diego Comic Con.
Watch the video below to see what she had to say about working with showrunners Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz again, what she’s excited for fans to see, and what to expect from Deb’s flashback episode:
- She talks about the fifth episode, where we learn about the reality of her relationship with Joel.
- We’re now going to see Deb, rather than the perception of her.
- The Deb episode is coming up and it was highly enjoyable for her to shoot. There was a sweetness to Deb that she hasn’t played before.
- Eddie and Adam (the executive producers) were the reason she got involved in the show since they wrote a character for her and offered it to her.
- “I never know if I’m happy or unhappy with a role until I’m done.”
- She found her character in Lost really odd and then as she went along she realized she really liked the character.
- She didn’t know what the arc of her character would be on Dead of Summer but she guessed and wasn’t wrong.
- She doesn’t like to play things too on-the-nose, she likes to play things more subtle.
- Mitchell is excited for fans to see Deb’s backstory. She thinks a lot of her mom when playing this character because they were coming of age at the same time.
- Cricket and Drew’s backstories were her favorites to watch. She talks about Zelda Williams’ commitment to doing a good job with the character and her attention to detail.
- Mitchell talks about how the crew guys didn’t recognize her in the late 60s Deb outfits.
What do you think? Are you excited to learn more about Deb? What do you think we’ll learn in her episode? Sound off in the comments!
Dead of Summer airs at 9pm on Freeform
Source: Buddy TV
These are a few more pics from the event. 🙂 Stunning!
1x05 - 1x06 - Comic Con 2016 - Conventions - Dead of Summer - Deb Carpenter - Elizabeth Mitchell - Interview - Photos - Projects - Spoilers - Video